I'm an experienced, hands-on, dedicated, and results-oriented software engineer based in Seattle with 15+ years of professional experience in distributed systems, web and desktop development. I'm reliable, committed, and innovative; able to adapt to new environments and learn new technologies quickly. I'm an attentive listener with great communication skills and a strong ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with teams.
☎️ Contact information
📬 1067 E Lynn St, Seattle WA 98102
📞 (713) 427-2915
📧. [email protected]
👩🏻💻 Work experience
01/2022 - Present
Senior Software Engineer
Microsoft (Redmond, WA)
- Design and developed system to consolidate Enterprise Agreement customer billing between TwoHat and Azure.
- Cloud migration of legacy services.
- Live site support to Xbox services.
- Identity + Network Access to support Xbox accounts.
02/2021 - 10/2021
Software Engineer III
Amperity (Seattle, WA)
Software Engineer in the MAX Team. Developed AmpIQ features. Supported migration to AmpIQ v2
11/2020 - 02/2021
Lead Software Engineer
Starbuck Corp (Seattle, WA)
Lead Engineer of the Card Team, responsible for digital closed-loop card operations.
06/2018 - 11/2020
Senior Software Engineer
Starbucks Corp (Seattle, WA)
- Refactored and maintained legacy CardManagement API. Supported new fraud checking and eventing flow.
- Developed a solution to ingest Near Real-Time Messages from First Data and integrated them in the auto-reload decision making, account balance check, and record-keeping project.
- Developed new hybrid auto-reload micro-services to support the transition to a cloud-based solution.
- Refactored CardAPI to integrate GooglePay in the reload/auto-reload flow.
- Maintained SvcGateway project, a closed-loop card transaction gateway Service Fabric application. Refactored the micro-services in the
project to improve reliability, performance, and throughput.
- Maintained ReloadApi, ReloadProxy and CardEventBridge services
- Refactored CardApi to be fully asynchronous, improving performance and reliability.
- Supported company-wide project to transition to Multi-Tier Reward system.
- Developed pipelines to deploy services to non-prod and prod environments.
- Increased observability of all services in the Card Domain. Designed dashboards and metrics in Datadog, New Relic, and Splunk.
- Developed and maintained the Lost-Stolen project. Service Fabric application to process SVC lost/stolen user requests.
- Designed and performed load/perf testing on all Card domain's services.
- Developed and maintained Apigee proxies and policies for all Card domain's services.
- Developed Infrastructure-As-Code projects for the provisioning of Card domain's services cloud and on-prem resources.
- Refactored and maintained CardVerification project. Service Fabric application to enforce SVC enterprise integration rules and compliance.
- Collaborated in cross-functional development teams to support company-wide projects to enable payments with open-loop cards and cash: Stars For Everyone.
07/2017 - 04/2018
Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA)
- Developed automation infrastructure for integration tests.
- Created/Evaluated test tools to improve test process and quality.
- Developed test strategies, created test plans, executed test cases.
04/2016 - 07/2017
InComm (Portland, OR)
- Worked as a full-stack .Net developer in an • agile environment.
- Developed fulfillment API, file-based ordering system (Raindrop), an Authentication/Authorization server (OAuth, OpenID).
- Developed new order and gift-card delivery/tracking API (Alder).
- Introduced comprehensive RESTful API guidelines.
- Introduced and advocated for the adoption of Swagger/OpenAPI specification to our APIs.
- Implemented an automated testing framework to complement our TDD practices.
- Introduced ASP.Net Core, Docker (and general containerization practices), Identity Management and OpenID server, React, and Typescript.
10/2013 - 04/2016
Async7 (Houston, TX)
- Worked as a full-stack .Net consultant and on-site developer at NOV Wilson (DistributionNOW).
- Developed B2B e-procurement system and integration with SAP implementation.
- Developed several projects for high-profile clients (Goodwill, DCR, ClearWater, Southwest Schools).
- Developed Inventory and Assets management app, and Online Associates Scheduling app.
02/2009 - 01/2013
Grupo Excelencias (Havana City, Cuba)
- Worked as Project Leader for the development team.
- Developed Content Management Systems for the different publications.
- Developed online shopping apps and the Excelencias Online Travel Agency system.
- Developed email marketing campaigns apps, advertising systems, room scheduling software, and event management systems.
11/2004 - 06/2008
Junior Data Mining Researcher
CENATAV (Havana City, Cuba)
- Researched data mining and pattern recognition algorithms.
- Designed parallel algorithms for the discovery of frequent itemsets in very large databases, for later use in discovering association rules.
- Developed integrated ballistics identification system (SAIBAL), and the parallel version of fingerprint identifications systems (CUBAFIS).
- Worked as Junior Researcher on the Support Vector Machines Task Group.
09/2000 - 07/2005
B.S. in Software Engineering
CUJAE (Havana City, Cuba)